There are a number of key areas of local government competencies that city officials may want to target when implementing carbon trading projects; including town and urban planning, infrastructure development, service provision, waste management, energy provisioning and transportation. It is the objective of this tool to provide environmental, planning and development officials at the local government level with clear guidance on how to develop Clean Development Mechanism and Verified Emission Reduction projects.
Publications in the Cities and Climate Change series:
- Making Carbon Markets Work 2012
- Local Leadership for Climate Action 2011
- Developing Local Climate Change Plans 2012
- Planning for Climate Change 2011
- Participatory Climate Change Assessments